Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quality

My hours at work have changed.  I am now working 7-4pm.  I used to work 6-3pm.  Most people may think that 7-4 is the better choice.  I do not feel that way.  I have worked 6-3 for 3 years now.  It works for my family.  Kip doesn't go in until 9am so our children do not have to leave home terribly early.  The biggest transition for me has been the afternoons with the children.  We do not get home until 4:30.  Playtime has been cut down because we have to eat, get baths and go to bed at a decent time.  I am sure that most working mothers struggle with there not being enough hours in the day.  I bet stay at home mothers feel the same way also.  I have been extremely emotional and basically feel like I am not batting a thousand at anything.  I am trying to remember that it is quality of time spent not quantity.  I know that the years of having Callie Grace and Caleb in our home are fleeting.  I truly want to soak in each second that I can.

On to a brighter note...
We did manage to go to the library yesterday afternoon.  We got some really great books.  Callie Grace choose some books on dental health and eye health.  She told me that she wants to go to the grocery store to get some more fruit.  Caleb chose some adventure books that totally fit his personality.  I love that they love going to the library.

When we got home, we did tattoos and made snowflakes.  I haven't done snowflakes in ages and the picture that I took of them will prove it.  They enjoyed making them so I guess that is what matters most.  I have now googled how to make snowflakes so I think we will try again this afternoon!

Callie Grace's tattoo
Caleb's tat (he likes to call it a tat)

Don't laugh...
And last but not least.  Callie Grace wanted to play hair shop.  I obviously have no shame because I am going to post the finished product!

1 comment:

  1. For my official first post. I love it! When I saw you at the USC game you said, "I just post pictures". Your BLOG is awesome! And I am so happy to be able to keep up with the Burgess Family. And you are so right, its QUALITY, not QUANTITY and I can tell from this post [and your picture], you are doing an AMAZING job. You are such a sweet mama!!

    ReplyDelete