Friday, January 14, 2011

My sister

My sister has been on my mind a lot lately.  Her name is Heather deLynne but she has always been deLynne or sissy to me.  To most everyone else she is Heather.  My babies call her Aunt de and my brother's daughter calls her Aunt Heather.  Her grandchildren call her mimi.

She is more than a sister to me.  She is my confidant.  I tell her everything.  I know that what I tell her will never leave us.  She is my biggest cheerleader.  Growing up, I often wanted to have a sister or brother closer to my age.  When our mama passed away 13 years ago, I clearly understood why He gave me an older sister.  In many ways, she is a mama to me.  She is helping my children understand more about our mama and daddy.  She and my brother are the only family ties that I have to my side of the family.

I love you more than words sissy.

Love,
Kacki

No comments:

Post a Comment