Thursday, April 7, 2011

Heart Dump

Feeling a little overwhelmed today.  We have lots of things on the calendar for the weekend.  Crosson's birthday is coming up - April 12th.  He would be 8.  The flowers at church are going to be in his memory on Sunday.  We normally take a balloon out to the cemetery on his birthday.  Callie Grace and Caleb enjoy doing this so much.  After all this time, his birthday continues to be the hardest for me.  My great aunt who is in her 80's lost a son in the same way that we lost Crosson.  When we had Callie Grace, my Aunt Claire came over to visit us.  As she recounted her story to me, she remembered everything - the way in which she shared her loss would make you think it happened yesterday instead of 60some years ago.  That one conversation taught me so many things.  Most importantly, it taught me that with time we move forward but we never forget the footprints that they have made on our hearts.  Their little lives will always matter, if only to us, they still matter.

One child cannot take the place of another but I am thankful beyond words that God blessed us with these two...

They give meaning to each of my days.  I love you two so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment