Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Random Post

My mama and daddy have been on my mind a good bit lately.  I am not sure why but the songs that we sang together have been on my mind too.  Some were silly but I guess they were the bright spots in my childhood.  So much of my childhood was difficult but these songs always brought me happiness and made me feel like all was right in my little corner of the world.  For the sake of my children, I want to document the names of these songs.  I think they know many of these by heart as I have carried on the tradition with them.

Songs I would sing with mama:
Jesus Loves Me
KKKKatherine, beautiful Katherine...
Casey Would Waltz...
Michael Row the Boat Ashore
Frere Jacques
Kookaburra Sits in an Old Gum Tree
Zacchaeus was a Wee Little Man
Deep and Wide


Songs I would sing with daddy:
Once Upon A Time...
I'm a Ramblin Wreck From Georgia Tech...
Amazing Grace

I am beyond thankful for these moments of memories in my life.  I pray that my children will look back on their childhood and talk about all of the silly singing that I did with them and the times that we sang about Jesus' great love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment