Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Aunt Dora and Uncle Boree

While we were in Hawkinsville, we got to go see my aunt and uncle.  My uncle is my daddy's brother.  Unfortunately, we have not kept in touch well at all. My daddy passed away 25 years ago.  I believe it has been 6 years since I have seen Aunt Dora and Uncle Boree.

Saturday was the day for Callie Grace to get to meet her great aunt and uncle.  The visit could not have gone better.  Callie Grace fell in love with both of them and I think they felt the same way.  Uncle Boree told stories of my daddy and my grandmother to Callie Grace.  Callie Grace is named after my grandmother, Uncle Boree's mother.  Her name was Callie Mae.  I think it meant a lot to him to meet her namesake.

We met at the fish pond.  This is the pond where I caught my first fish when I was 4 years old with my daddy.  CG loved the pond.  There were no tears on this day which was amazing considering how emotional I can be.  The emotions ran deeper than tears.  It hurts me to the core that Callie Grace and Caleb will never know my daddy.  He was an amazing man.  He LOVED his family.  He had amazing faith.  He was a hard worker.  He was honest.  He loved to fish.  He loved to be with the apple of his eye.  I was the apple of his eye.  Hopefully, Callie Grace got a little glimpse of Grandpa Guy that sunny Saturday afternoon at the fish pond in Hawkinsville, Georgia.

Aunt Dora, Uncle Boree and Callie Grace
Uncle Boree and CG

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post Katherine! All of those loved traits in your father will be passed down to your children through YOU! XOXO

    ReplyDelete