Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Caleb is 4

Dear Caleb,

How is it possible that you are 4 years old?  I woke up shortly before 4am this morning and thought about what I was doing 4 years ago today at that very hour.  I had started to feel uncomfortable in the bed so I had gotten on the couch.  Callie Grace was 16 months old.  She woke up about the same time that I did so she just laid on me.  Around 5am, it became apparent that I needed to wake your daddy.  I don't think he thought it was the real deal but quickly found out otherwise.  We took your sister to mimi's house and then we were on the way to the hospital.  Once Dr. Shipley arrived and assessed the situation, he said that I needed to have a c-section.  I was super nervous but I kept my eye on the goal.  That goal was to hold you in my arms and to hear your cry.  You were born around 7:30am Caleb.  I couldn't get over those strong genes - you looked just like your daddy.  Feelings of extreme thankfulness to God washed over me.  He had blessed us with a perfect little boy.  His faithfulness shone bright on our family that day.

My prayer is that God will guide you and protect you all the days of your life.  I pray that you will grow to be a Godly man.  Never forget how much your family loves you Caleb.  And this mama's heart has never been the same since September 13, 2007.

Love you so much,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment