Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Nativity that wasn't

Well, I goofed up.  Callie Grace and Caleb's school was having a live nativity last night from 6pm-7pm.  I thought it was like the live nativity at the church near our home.  When we visited that nativity, you could just walk up and see the animals, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.  Apparently at their church school, it is a program that begins at 6pm.  We arrived at 6:30pm and Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus were walking away (baby Jesus wasn't walking :)) from the nativity and all of the crowd was walking away as well.  Callie Grace (I had no clue that she was thinking this) said, "I need to hurry and get my costume on".  Poor thing thought she was going to be in it!  Once I realized what had happened, I explained to them that we missed it.  Callie Grace cried big crocodile tears but Caleb was fine.  Daddy came to our rescue and suggested that we go look at Christmas lights.  That cheered everyone up.  I guess you live and you learn.

I did get a cute picture of my babies at the nativity that wasn't... 

This picture was before the meltdown of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment