Friday, January 6, 2017

Where I'm From by Callie Grace Burgess




WHERE I’M FROM
 
I am from the black grains of spicy pepper, from Quaker grits and flip flops.
I am from the blue house with the red roof, the 1 red rose that everyone is excited to see, and the long green grass my dad never cuts. I am from eating lunch at Mimi’s after church and big, beautiful eyes. I’m from Harriette and Guy Plowden and Donny and Linda Burgess.
I am from playing board games and cooking meals.
I am from loving Jesus with all of my heart and making new friends.
I am from going to Transfiguration Lutheran Church at 9:00 on Sunday mornings and singing with all of my heart.
I’m from Ireland, Germany and England, from steak and potatoes and from spaghetti.
I’m from my mom burning the oven as a child, the laughter shone on my face about her cooking and the way my Mimi has taught me to cook and sew over the years.
I am from the big chest in my parents’ room, holding awards and accomplishments of my family, treasuring each moment of life for years and years to come.
 
By:
Callie Grace Burgess



No comments:

Post a Comment