Thursday, November 5, 2015

Guy Avery Plowden, III

Tomorrow, Callie Grace and I will travel to my hometown of Georgia and say a final good-bye to a brother that I loved and respected but didn't really know that well.  He was my daddy's namesake.  We did not share the same mother.  A bitter divorce and a 19 year age difference accounted for the lack of closeness as well as him living in FL and I living in SC.  Yet, I always knew that he loved me.  Avery was very bright, loved his family and friends and had a strong sense of loyalty to the Plowden family name.

Avery, it is my prayer that you are in heaven with Jesus, daddy, Grandfather Guy and Grandmother Callie Mae.  I pray that y'all are telling stories and laughing and bonding.  Please keep an eye out for my little Crosson Avery but if my assumptions are correct, he is never too far from our daddy.  If there is a pond in heaven, I know that A LOT of cane pole fishing is going on!

Callie Grace and I will join with your mother, step father and other siblings to tell you farewell tomorrow.  We will be in Hawkinsville again; only fitting really.  Those Hawkinsville roots are so deep in us, aren't they?  We may have made our lives in other states but much of our hearts are still tied to that little town in Middle Georgia, where the red clay is in abundance and the nights are long as well as the stories.  There are many memories and so much love in that little town.

Thank you, Jesus for my strong roots.  Thank you, Jesus for Avery.

No comments:

Post a Comment