Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Volunteer work

Callie Grace participated in her first Missions project today.  She volunteered her morning with a group of girls at a local crisis center.  Callie Grace helped out by taking stickers off of hangers and organizing them.  When I asked her about the place that she volunteered she said, "if your house were to burn down and your clothes burned also, you could come to this place and get more clothes.  You can get food there also".  I asked her if she would like to go back to volunteer.  She said, "yes but I will need to wait for a while because I am tired".  I pray that this will only be the beginning of Callie Grace reaching out to help others.  After all, that is a big reason why we are given this life, right?  I pray that Caleb will follow in his big sister's footsteps when his time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment